Saturday, December 17, 2011

2 Years Later...

Been awhile since I blogged!  Lots of stuff has happened...Lisa is working in Lancaster, and I got my social security disability approved after 3 years.  What an ordeal!

We're up to 6 house cats (all rescues) including the newest- a white kitten I got Lisa for her birthday yesterday.  The other cats don't seem too impressed, although they like the kitten food.  Sigh.  The 7th cat is Sam-who lives in a ditch down the road and refuses to come inside where it's warm.  He does show up for meals 2-3 times/day though.

Most of the cats are named after Lord of the Rings characters-except Hera who is our only female and named after the Goddess of Mischief. The kitten doesn't have a name yet, but he looks Elvish so he'll probably get an Elvish name.  Right now he is watching me type this from my lap.

In the spring we're getting chickens!  We have the hen house ready, but still need to do some (okay ALL) fencing. We're getting abut 25, including a few guineas, and "easter-egger" chickens that lay colored eggs.  Can't wait!!!  More on that to come.


Stay tuned for all the news -and feel free to leave me a note!

No comments: